Patient Restraints and Seclusion
"Short, to the point. Thumbs up!"
Dana Herring, Staff Development
Mary Starke Harper Center, Tuscaloosa, AL
For nurses and physicians.
Length 11 minutes.
CMS (The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) requires that all staff be trained initially and periodically on restraints. This video provides most of the required training.
- Reasons to avoid the use of restraints whenever possible.
- Justifications for restraint use.
- Alternatives to restraints.
- Requirements, including documentation, for restraint use.
- Steps for the safe application of restraints.
Resource CD with test included.
$295 for DVD, Item # R-4/D